Questions

Windows XP/OS X Leopard AD Issue

+
0 Votes

Windows XP/OS X Leopard AD Issue

KLK
We have quite a few macs which are dual boot through boot camp. The Windows side is joined to a domain, as is the Leopard side which is bound to our domain's AD. Here's the dilemma:

Machines: iMac 21", Intel based. Your standard iMac.

After binding the Leopard side of things, it was tested, users could log on, no issues. On to the XP side of things. Joined to the domain, users could log on as well, no issues. When we go BACK to the Leopard side, it no longer allows network login. The machine was unbound, rebound, hallelujah, we could log in. When going BACK to the XP side, same behavior as the Leopard side. Could not log in. AGAIN, disjoined, rejoined, back to logging in.

After all that, my question is simply: Why would the machine exhibit this behavior between two completely separate entities? Has anyone seen this happen, and if so, is there a solution to this? We can't keep this going on.

Thank you for ANY help anyone can give.
  • +
    0 Votes
    TobiF

Could the problem be that two different entities are reaching the network from one single ethernet address (and therefore may get the same IP address from DHCP)?

Can you have these two logical machines camp on different VLANs as a way to tell them apart and give them different ip addresses?

Or hard code different ip addresses for at least one of the two logical systems (or are we talking about laptops here?)

+
    0 Votes
    KLK

I am almost thinking hardware. (Thank you RM) Possible a firmware issue needing upgrade? I am still open to any other suggestions, as I have not yet resolved the issue.
    Thanks in Advance.

+
    0 Votes
    sgoeller

Have you tried any alternative to Boot Camp which essentially cold boots each flip of the operating systems (not that it SHOULD affect this situation, but YNK).
    Try VMWare or Parallels which runs both OS's simultaneously.

• +
    0 Votes
    TobiF

Could the problem be that two different entities are reaching the network from one single ethernet address (and therefore may get the same IP address from DHCP)?

Can you have these two logical machines camp on different VLANs as a way to tell them apart and give them different ip addresses?

Or hard code different ip addresses for at least one of the two logical systems (or are we talking about laptops here?)

+
    0 Votes
    KLK

I am almost thinking hardware. (Thank you RM) Possible a firmware issue needing upgrade? I am still open to any other suggestions, as I have not yet resolved the issue.
    Thanks in Advance.

+
    0 Votes
    sgoeller

Have you tried any alternative to Boot Camp which essentially cold boots each flip of the operating systems (not that it SHOULD affect this situation, but YNK).
    Try VMWare or Parallels which runs both OS's simultaneously.