Questions

Word 2010 Tables converts automatically to text when copied

+
0 Votes

Word 2010 Tables converts automatically to text when copied

Julian Gregory
Can I stop Word 2012 converting tables to text when I copy and paste?

I Select a table, Copy, go to destination whether in the same or another document, and when I go to Paste I am only offered the one paste option which pastes it as text.

Drives me nuts

How can I get it to paste the table?
  • +
    0 Votes
    lisa.amos

I have Word 2010 and don't have that problem. Look under File, Word Options, Advanced and check that the default is to "keep source destination". You should be getting the choices of Use Destination Theme, Keep Source Formatting, Merge Formatting, or Keep Text Only when you paste. Also, in that same area in options, ensure the "Show Paste Options button when content is pasted" is checkmarked. Hope this helps.

• +
    0 Votes
    lisa.amos

I have Word 2010 and don't have that problem. Look under File, Word Options, Advanced and check that the default is to "keep source destination". You should be getting the choices of Use Destination Theme, Keep Source Formatting, Merge Formatting, or Keep Text Only when you paste. Also, in that same area in options, ensure the "Show Paste Options button when content is pasted" is checkmarked. Hope this helps.