Questions

WPA2 PEAP setup on Cisco 1240 and MS IAS

+
0 Votes

WPA2 PEAP setup on Cisco 1240 and MS IAS

dherde
I am attempting to setup Wireless authentication between a cisco 1240 WAP and MS IAS. Ther was a wonderful article posted in tech republic on a closely identical theme however, It didn't quite work.
I am having a couple of troubleshooting issues. If any one has any experience on troubleshooting the setup I would appreciate any input.

1- First, I have IAS set up to log anything and everything (and to start a new log every day), however I don't see any log created at all. If I restart IAS services, I will get a shutdown and startup event in the system log, but no IAS log is generated under windows/system32/logFiles. Nothing. Server 2003 R2 and I can't find the IAS version. (Has the latest security patches however.) I need to see startup info , AP accounting info and transaction info to troubleshoot. But no log at all

2- The cisco AP is set up to authenticate against the IAS server, but I can't capture any packets (wireshark is loaded on the IAS server) from the access point to the IAS server.

3- The AP is throwing out debug info to the console port and is rejecting authentication right and left. Is it possible that the AP is not using the IAS server for authentication? Is there some way to definitively determine what server it is using for authentication?

4- If I want to enable to authenticate to the network and AD using only a cert on the client computer, can this be done or is a username and password also required for PEAP?

TIA
David