Questions

WSUS Some PCs Not Reporting After Switching from Server-side to Client-side

Tags:
+
0 Votes
Locked

WSUS Some PCs Not Reporting After Switching from Server-side to Client-side

TucsonITGirl
We previously used Shavlik Netchk to update machines, which was a dream (in later versions), but our new owners refuse to allow the use of Shavlik. I was initially going to do Server-side targeting, as I have a mix of domain and non-domain machines, so I set up my WSUS server (Windows 2003 SE SP2) as such, and selected a handful of Test machines to participate. Only 1 machine would check in (mine) so I decided to try Client-side. ALL of my domain machines are checking in, EXCEPT those that were part of my initial test group - with the exception of MY machine which is updating like clockwork. I have a mix of WinXP Pro SP3 and Win7 Pro SP1 - in both the successfully updating group as well as the non-reporting troublemakers.

I've tried moving to different OUs (both existing and new) and creating WSUS groups accordingly with appropriate GPOs, as well as no updating on the group. I've deleted from WSUS server. I've done [what seems like] a hundred combinations of \gpupdate, \resetauthorization, \detectnow, \reportnow, deleted registry keys, reg query (to make sure they were looking in the right place). I honestly don't know what all I've done (desperation breeds carelessness! LOL).

I'm sure it must be something simple - a flag that isn't getting reset, etc. - since the ONLY problem machines were those in my original Server-side test group.

Please, I am open to any and all suggestions...thank you!