Questions

XP Antivirus 2012

+
0 Votes

XP Antivirus 2012

julesoutthere
I my notebook is infected with XP antivirus 2012 I ran avg and it found nothing I then ran on online virus scanner called eset online scanner and it found the trojan and removed it so now the annoying pop ups are gone and I can get on the net but when I go to run and type ms config i get access denied. I have tried stopping a three letter.exe process in task manager as advised by another site. I cannot find any files begining with % to delete and i have tried installing norton from a portable cd drive but it says access denied. What do I do now. Please help.
+
2 Votes
markp24

I usually use a boot cd (ubcd4win 3.50 ) and add rkill and fixncr on it with malware bytes.
after booting with the cd run the rkill and fixncr utlities, then mbam, than i usually run spybot search and destroy, just remeber to update them when you create the boot cd.

+
0 Votes
Chi-7

Rename the executable (MBAMsetup.exe to blahsetup.exe)
Many of these unscrupulous "lil devils" recognize threats and block their execution.

+
0 Votes
smith8378

these malware are annoying little suckers.
They like to put a redirect on your browser. You are prolly getting a page can not be displayed error. This is because they put the redirect in your browser.

If you are using IE got to:
Internet option--> connection--> LAN settings and clear out the proxy server settings.
Unless you are using a proxy this should not be set and is the reason you can not access the web.

You can manually remove this thing it likes to store itself in local settings app dat. Just look for the folder called yuuyuiyuhkjfh (bunch of random characters). If you cant find the location just right click the icon and browse to location and delete (make sure you kill the running process first, do this in safe mode)

+
0 Votes
cervantes100

System restore will let you fix it. If you can't get to system restore login using safe mode. Go to command prompt and %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

+
0 Votes
scalaechelon

try going to gpedit maybe a security restriction is enforced on accesing msconfig.

+
0 Votes
reviewsgirl

I ran a program called nuke-M and it stopped the infection from running instantly, then I was able to download any program I wanted. I prefer MBAM but I sure some others work too. Oh yeah nuke-M and MBAM are both totally free!

Here is where you can find nuke-M: http://www.spywarehelpcenter.com/nuke-m/

+
0 Votes
Andrew Chan

1. Download Superantispyware Free Edition
2. Installing in safe mode.
3. Perform exclusive scanning using this tools
http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Last time, i infected a malware, its appearances like "antivirus", disable all task manager and executable, it prompt exhausted "you are infected virus, buy a new one". I use this solving the issues