Questions

XP Media Center Edition v.2002 sp2

+
0 Votes

XP Media Center Edition v.2002 sp2

cmdx2
I am trying to add my XP Media Center Edition to a domain but the Network ID button is greyed out and I can't change from a workgroup to the Domain. I have never tried this before thus unsure. Can someone provide a solution?
  • +
    0 Votes
    Mr.Wiz

MCE isn't capable of working on a domain. You'd have to upgrade to Vista or Windows XP Pro (and give up all of the features of MCE if you go to XP).

+
    0 Votes
    rmmontgomery

By design MCE technically can only be added to a domain when it is first loaded. It has to do with the rarely used Media Center extenders.

HOWEVER if you look out there for the banana fix you will find there is a registry hack which will reverse this and enable your ability to join a domain.

Ozmont

• +
    0 Votes
    Mr.Wiz

MCE isn't capable of working on a domain. You'd have to upgrade to Vista or Windows XP Pro (and give up all of the features of MCE if you go to XP).

+
    0 Votes
    rmmontgomery

By design MCE technically can only be added to a domain when it is first loaded. It has to do with the rarely used Media Center extenders.

HOWEVER if you look out there for the banana fix you will find there is a registry hack which will reverse this and enable your ability to join a domain.

Ozmont