Watercooler

May 21, 2011 is Judgment Day

Tags:
+
2 Votes

May 21, 2011 is Judgment Day

AV .
Well, this is the big one, folks. Are you ready for the Rapture? Either you're going up to Heaven on Saturday or you'll be "left behind" with the rest of us sinners. I already know which group I'm in, so bring on the fire and brimstone. :^0

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43082513/ns/us_news-life/t/end-world-how-about-party-instead/

Edited: Forgot the link

AV
  • +
    0 Votes
    seanferd

Then there was the rapture last year, and two years before that.

U.S. history is littered with more eschatological predictions than the the entire history of the rest of the world put together.

Just ask the believers to sigh over all their cash and property over to you. It's odd how few takers there are. But id they love their pets, there is always http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/

+
    2 Votes
    Michael Jay

Notice of Rate Increase: Due to the increased activity associated with the May 21, 2011 Rapture prophesy we have increased our service rates for all new contracts submitted as of 1/13/11.

+
    1 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

laughing all the way to the bank ain't a walk in the park!

+
    1 Votes
    AV .

Cashing in on the Rapture. Oh, Capitalism at its greatest. I hate to see these people on Sunday morning, after nothing's happened.

AV

+
    1 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

"We're receiving reports about a serial mass-murderer..."
    "Seems this person Jesus Nazarethea (He's apparently Hispanic), has been behind several waves of disappearances. He's even spreading the word that his victims 'have gone to a better place' - a clear-cut euphemism for being croaked."

+
    1 Votes
    boxfiddler Moderator

if I miss this rapture, at least come October something or other, the world will end and I'll be freed from my current circumstance. :^0

+
    1 Votes
    OH Smeg

Are you worried that the batteries will go flat before you experience the Rapture?

I have the schematics for a Battery Eliminator that suits all Battery Powered Rapture Inducing Devices of the vibrating variety.

If you are at all worried just deposit all your funds after liquidating everything you own into my bank account. I'll email you the schematics which as you have already sold all of your computers you'll be unable to read.

Col

+
    1 Votes
    AV .

I got plenty of duct tape too. It always comes in handy for something. :^0

AV

+
    1 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

He's going to say, if he happens to be around on sunday : "Sorry folks, the rapture is real, came and went - we're just none of us good enough... but I deciphered from Revelations, that we're getting a second chance, next deadline is 21 June!

+
    1 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

He will be saying that because of his Prayers to the Mass Murderer AKA Jesus/The Nazarene he has prevented this Catastrophe from occurring and has been told by his beloved Savor that he has until whenever to milk as much as possible out of his followers.

OH and as a Civil Engineer he has very likely got sick and tired of building Targets for Mechanical Engineers to destroy so he's now predicting the End of the Earth when actually it's just the end of what he's built.

Col

+
    1 Votes
    jck

But, I'm gonna party on Saturday til Jesus arrives.

Then I'm gonna say "Okay, Jesus. Let's go."

And if Jesus doesn't show up? Well, at least I can walk to the liquor store for more booze. :^0

+
    1 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

One is publicizing the event with the tag line, "You can tell St. Pete, "But, but I was DRUNK!"

+
    0 Votes
    john.a.wills

Certainly within the next 100 years the end of my world will come, probably within the next 50. That is what should concern me, not the end of other people's worlds so much.
    Secondly, I am not looking it up at the moment, but somewhere Jesus says that no-one knows when the end of the world will come.
    Thirdly, I understand that this prophesier bases part of his prediction on confusion of the Israelites and the Israelis, an identity error.

+
    1 Votes
    NickNielsen Moderator

If I'm gonna get left behind, I might as well have fun doing it. ;\

+
    1 Votes
    jfuller05

Hasn't he missed a prediction before?

Apocalyptic stuff sells.

+
    0 Votes
    seanferd

In the '90s.

+
    1 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

"They say there's a heaven for those who will wait,
    And some say it's better but I say it ain't.
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
    The sinners are much more fun!
    Only the good die young."

+
    1 Votes
    dogknees

Those that predict these things get to explain exactly why they got it wrong when the event fails to occur, and why we should pay any attention to them in the future. Perhaps they should be banned from making any predictions in any forum ever again. They should be banned from the 'net for life.

+
    1 Votes
    NickNielsen Moderator

They might still have a few adherents, but their credibility as prophets will be shot. If I remember from my history of religions class, the Millerites set a date or two back in the 1840s, but nothing happened. Williams Miller, their leader and prophet apologized for being wrong, but swore he would come to the same conclusion if he had it to do over again. The Millerites learned their lesson. They're still around (we call them Seventh Day Adventists) and they still study Biblical prophesy and the end times, but they've sense enough not to attempt to put dates to it.

+
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

Isn't it the 22nd over your way by now? Anybody missing? Heck, is anyone on that beer-swilling, vegamite-eating continent even eligible?

HAL? HAL?

omg...

+
    0 Votes
    AV .

I took a nap so I would feel refreshed when it happens.
    Haven't seen Hal today. Uh oh.

AV

+
    0 Votes
    jck

Well, I waited for Jesus to show up. He never did.

Proof positive that no one can decide when you will show up, except you. That rule even applies to Jesus.

• +
    0 Votes
    seanferd

Then there was the rapture last year, and two years before that.

U.S. history is littered with more eschatological predictions than the the entire history of the rest of the world put together.

Just ask the believers to sigh over all their cash and property over to you. It's odd how few takers there are. But id they love their pets, there is always http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/

+
    2 Votes
    Michael Jay

Notice of Rate Increase: Due to the increased activity associated with the May 21, 2011 Rapture prophesy we have increased our service rates for all new contracts submitted as of 1/13/11.

+
    1 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

laughing all the way to the bank ain't a walk in the park!

+
    1 Votes
    AV .

Cashing in on the Rapture. Oh, Capitalism at its greatest. I hate to see these people on Sunday morning, after nothing's happened.

AV

+
    1 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

"We're receiving reports about a serial mass-murderer..."
    "Seems this person Jesus Nazarethea (He's apparently Hispanic), has been behind several waves of disappearances. He's even spreading the word that his victims 'have gone to a better place' - a clear-cut euphemism for being croaked."

+
    1 Votes
    boxfiddler Moderator

if I miss this rapture, at least come October something or other, the world will end and I'll be freed from my current circumstance. :^0

+
    1 Votes
    OH Smeg

Are you worried that the batteries will go flat before you experience the Rapture?

I have the schematics for a Battery Eliminator that suits all Battery Powered Rapture Inducing Devices of the vibrating variety.

If you are at all worried just deposit all your funds after liquidating everything you own into my bank account. I'll email you the schematics which as you have already sold all of your computers you'll be unable to read.

Col

+
    1 Votes
    AV .

I got plenty of duct tape too. It always comes in handy for something. :^0

AV

+
    1 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

He's going to say, if he happens to be around on sunday : "Sorry folks, the rapture is real, came and went - we're just none of us good enough... but I deciphered from Revelations, that we're getting a second chance, next deadline is 21 June!

+
    1 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

He will be saying that because of his Prayers to the Mass Murderer AKA Jesus/The Nazarene he has prevented this Catastrophe from occurring and has been told by his beloved Savor that he has until whenever to milk as much as possible out of his followers.

OH and as a Civil Engineer he has very likely got sick and tired of building Targets for Mechanical Engineers to destroy so he's now predicting the End of the Earth when actually it's just the end of what he's built.

Col

+
    1 Votes
    jck

But, I'm gonna party on Saturday til Jesus arrives.

Then I'm gonna say "Okay, Jesus. Let's go."

And if Jesus doesn't show up? Well, at least I can walk to the liquor store for more booze. :^0

+
    1 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

One is publicizing the event with the tag line, "You can tell St. Pete, "But, but I was DRUNK!"

+
    0 Votes
    john.a.wills

Certainly within the next 100 years the end of my world will come, probably within the next 50. That is what should concern me, not the end of other people's worlds so much.
    Secondly, I am not looking it up at the moment, but somewhere Jesus says that no-one knows when the end of the world will come.
    Thirdly, I understand that this prophesier bases part of his prediction on confusion of the Israelites and the Israelis, an identity error.

+
    1 Votes
    NickNielsen Moderator

If I'm gonna get left behind, I might as well have fun doing it. ;\

+
    1 Votes
    jfuller05

Hasn't he missed a prediction before?

Apocalyptic stuff sells.

+
    0 Votes
    seanferd

In the '90s.

+
    1 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

"They say there's a heaven for those who will wait,
    And some say it's better but I say it ain't.
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
    The sinners are much more fun!
    Only the good die young."

+
    1 Votes
    dogknees

Those that predict these things get to explain exactly why they got it wrong when the event fails to occur, and why we should pay any attention to them in the future. Perhaps they should be banned from making any predictions in any forum ever again. They should be banned from the 'net for life.

+
    1 Votes
    NickNielsen Moderator

They might still have a few adherents, but their credibility as prophets will be shot. If I remember from my history of religions class, the Millerites set a date or two back in the 1840s, but nothing happened. Williams Miller, their leader and prophet apologized for being wrong, but swore he would come to the same conclusion if he had it to do over again. The Millerites learned their lesson. They're still around (we call them Seventh Day Adventists) and they still study Biblical prophesy and the end times, but they've sense enough not to attempt to put dates to it.

+
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

Isn't it the 22nd over your way by now? Anybody missing? Heck, is anyone on that beer-swilling, vegamite-eating continent even eligible?

HAL? HAL?

omg...

+
    0 Votes
    AV .

I took a nap so I would feel refreshed when it happens.
    Haven't seen Hal today. Uh oh.

AV

+
    0 Votes
    jck

Well, I waited for Jesus to show up. He never did.

Proof positive that no one can decide when you will show up, except you. That rule even applies to Jesus.