Watercooler

Discussion on:

Shellbot needs a phone

Message 28 of 37

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
aidemzo_adanac

I like the functionality and love the screens. The actual phone though, the key function of a smartPHONE is ridiculously sad though. It's to the point that I can tell a caller if they are using a Samsung phone simply because if the nearly inaudible quality of the call.

Nokia, by FAR, leaps and bounds and huge jumps, has the best PHONE in any mobile device, they always have done. Durability is second to none also, bottom line Nokia makes an incredible phone, OS aside.

HTC, I had phenomenal luck with, great phone quality, EXCELLENT screen and functionality (especially once you start using stylus input to write, print and draw on the screen, the translation to text of line art is absolutely bang on every time!)

As for iPhone, Apple lovers will tell you nothing beats it, you can buy then download 10 gazillion useless apps, that all do the same thing. The screen is second rate, the input is limited. But if you want to be cool, for at least another year anyway, buy an iPhone.

I love Android but Win Mobile, despite being beaten down by apple and Android fans, is actually an excellent OS. It is used widely by US government, Health, DoD etc due to security and reliability. Not too many marines using company issued iPhones or Android on an S3.

If you want it for business use too, Windows and HTC or Nokia are a dead ringer, that's their market, which Apple tried haplessly to infiltrate for a decade and Android doesn't yet get consideration for.

The largest enterprises in the world use Nokia and Motorola phones with Windows Mobile for a good reason, high security and reliability.