Discussion on:

Shellbot needs a phone

Message 2 of 37

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
Shellbot

Hows things going?? Been ages :)

Well, I suppose its a combo of price and functionality (and some shiny).
Unless I order from overseas, my options are limited for phones. For whatever reasons, the providers here only sell a few brands/models. I'd order from abroad, but if there's problems and such, I just don't want the hassle of dealing with it. I want to be able to walk into my provider, dump it on the counter and say fix it now

I currently am in a contract, but its term has expired, so they are of course offering me an upgrade to get me to sign on again. The contract I'd be taking would be 40 euros a month (500mb data, free calls/texts to vodafone numbers, 100 min intn'l calls, 100 intn'l texts - and i can purchase reduced rate add ons for intn'l calls & texts) it suits me fine. If i sign up to that plan, i can get the new Samsung S4 for 100 euros, which I think is reasonable. I can get a host of others for 50 or even free.

Your thoughts on windows is interesting. The few phones available here that do have it, look and feel cheap and plastic-y. The interface didn't impress a whole lot, but I guess I'm so used to MS that I was thinking it would integrate with the IT side of my life. Maybe I'm just putting too much thought into it??

The first 2 things I would do with it is download app for checking my bus times, and skype to talk to my daughter with. :)