Watercooler

Discussion on:

Test Title

Message 4 of 24

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
maxwell edison

The content they choose to allow to be displayed is up to them. But I have to chuckle when I see suggestions that, perhaps, a URL or phrasing that doesn't make it through their spam blockers is the culprit, but I then see all the real spam (yes, with URLs) getting through.

But this is a tech site. If the tech experts - who are here to offer technical advice to other tech professionals - can't even fix their own damn problems, then it tells me there's probably another reason. I don't think they're that incompetent, quite frankly; I think there's some smart people who run this Web site. And I think they know exactly what they're doing by denying so many Water Cooler discussions to be started. Then again, perhaps I'm giving them more credit than they deserve. I suppose I'll never know which it really is.

It's embarrassing for a tech site, if you ask me. Would you take your automobile to a mechanic who can't even get his own car running right?

By the way, I converted the URL to a TinyURL, and I placed about three spaces in it so it was no longer a real URL. So there was really nothing egregious to block. Besides, if members who've been around for so long can't make it through their spam block, then we're apparently not thought of in very high regards.