Results of adding my router
- Backs up the config of a device.
- Modifies the config of the device in some way and reports back.
- Tests logging into each device and reports back.
- Changes the password on the device.
- Reports differences between the running and the startup configs.
- Reports list of all device ports, such as switch ports.
- Reports the version of the IOS.
Using CatTools, you can schedule activities, get reports, and get e-mails about results. Here are three examples of how using CatTools have help simplify the daily life of an administrator:
- Change all passwords on all routers and switches within minutes.
- Use the automated scheduling to enter a new command on all routers and switches at once. For example, you could add the Cisco IOS DST command to all routers and switches in minutes.
- Schedule the backups of all device configurations, and receive an e-mail report of what was and wasn't successful.
Hi David, Since you have stated that you are always interested in knowing about Management Tools that simplify the task of administartors, I thought of introducing Manageengine DeviceExpert, a Network Change & Configuration Management Software. DeviceExpert is a web-based solution that enables Network Administrators to efficiently manage the configurations of Network Devices such as switches, routers, firewalls and others. It offers multi-vendor network device configuration, continuous monitoring of configuration changes, notifications on respective changes, detailed operation audit and trails, easy and safe recovery to trusted configurations, automation of configuration tasks and insightful reporting. Following are some of the important features: * Encrypted storage of device configuration in database * Real-time configuration tracking and effective change management policies * Altering mechanism to monitor configuration changes Contextual, side-by-side comparison of altered configuration * Scripting support to automate time consuming tasks like password rotation * Role-based access control for device configuration & approval mechanism for changes * Comprehensive Audit Trails * Detailed reports on Inventory and configuration changes * Built-in disaster recovery mechanism to recover system in the event of failure More info at www.deviceexpert.com. Free Edition and Trial Version are available for download in the website. Thanks & Regards, Bala