Cracking Open the HP TouchPad: Front
The HP TouchPad is available in two flavors--a 16GB model for $499.99 (US) and 32GB model for $599.99. The current versions only support Wi-Fi connectivity, but HP plans to launch 3G models later this summer.
Our HP TouchPad test unit had the following hardware specifications:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060
- Storage: 32GB SandDisk SDIN4E2-32G
- RAM: 1G3B Samsung K4P8G304EC-FGC1 LPDDR2
- Communications: Atheros AR6003X WLAN IC
- Display: 9.7-inch multi-touch screen (1024x768 resolution)
- Battery: 3.7V 6000mAh 22.2Wh Li-Polymer battery
- Ports: MicroUSB, 3.5mm headset jack
- Camera: 1.3Mp webcam
- Audio: Built-in microphone and stereo speakers
Photo by: Bill Detwiler / TechRepublic
Caption by: Bill Detwiler
Bill Detwiler has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Bill Detwiler is Managing Editor of TechRepublic and Tech Pro Research and the host of Cracking Open, CNET and TechRepublic's popular online show. Prior to joining TechRepublic in 2000, Bill was an IT manager, database administrator, and desktop support specialist in the social research and energy industries. He has bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Louisville, where he has also lectured on computer crime and crime prevention.