Cracking Open the Samsung Series 9: Hardware Specifications
As of this writing, the 13" Samsung Series 9 (Model: 900X3A) has a suggested retail price of $1,649.99 (US).
The 11" Series 9 (Model: 900X1A) has a suggested retail price of $1,199.99 (US).
Our 13" test machine had the following technical specifications:
- Processor: 1.4GHz Intel Core i5-2537M
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000
- RAM: 4GB DDR3 (8GB max)
- Storage: 128GB Samsung SSD
- Display: 13.3" LED display (400nit; 1366 x 768 max resolution)
- Battery: 6-cell Lithium, 6300 mAh (up to 7 hours of battery life)
- Ports: Micro HDMI, Ethernet (requires dongle), 1 USB, 2 USB, Micro DS Card slot, headphone jack, mic-in jack
- Speakers: 3W Stereo speakers with HD audio
- Camera: 1.3MP HD webcam (optional)
- Input device: Touch pad (supports multitouch)
- Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth V3.0 High Speed
- Warranty: 3-year
- Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Photo by: Bill Detwiler / TechRepublic
Caption by: Bill Detwiler
Bill Detwiler has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Bill Detwiler is Managing Editor of TechRepublic and Tech Pro Research and the host of Cracking Open, CNET and TechRepublic's popular online show. Prior to joining TechRepublic in 2000, Bill was an IT manager, database administrator, and desktop support specialist in the social research and energy industries. He has bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Louisville, where he has also lectured on computer crime and crime prevention.