Configure Mail Exchange (MX) recordsMail Exchange records help you identify mail servers within a zone in your DNS database. With this feature, you can prioritize which mail servers will receive the highest priority. Creating MX records will help you keep track of the location of all of your mail servers.
To create a Mail Exchange (MX) record:
- Select DNS from the Administrative Tools folder to open the DNS console.
- Expand the Forward Lookup Zone and highlight the folder representing your domain.
- From the Action menu, select New Mail Exchanger.
- Enter the Host Or Domain.
- Enter the Mail Server and Mail Server Priority.
- Click OK.