The Menu buttonThe Menu button provides a number of options that help you to use the product more effectively.
- Zoom Remote Screen -- Shows the remote screen full-size. This is a view-only mode.
- Remote Control -- This also shows the remote client at full-size, but is also interactive.
- Save screenshot -- If you see something particularly interesting on the remote client, use this option to save a copy of the screen.
- Tools -- I'll talk about this soon.
- Connect/Disconnect -- If you're connected to a client, disconnect and vice versa.
- Properties -- Open the Properties page for the client. This is the same window that you see when you choose to add a new computer.
- Add Computer Group -- If you have a number of monitored computers, it's easier to find a particular system when the entire list is organized. Therefore, you can add a group into which you can place individual monitored clients.
- Add Computer -- Add another computer to the list of monitored systems. Add Group of LAN Computers -- Add monitored clients en masse. I'll show this to you in a bit.
- Remove -- Remove the computer from the management console. Note that this does not uninstall the remote computer's client.
- Remote Agent Installation/Configuration -- Remotely configure this computer's client. You are prompted for a user name and password when you choose this option.
Since 1994, Scott Lowe has been providing technology solutions to a variety of organizations. After spending 10 years in multiple CIO roles, Scott is now an independent consultant, blogger, author, owner of The 1610 Group, and a Senior IT Executive with CampusWorks, Inc. Scott is available for consulting, writing, and speaking engagements and can be reached at email@example.com.