Date Added: Aug 2005
Format: Other Download
Dealing with the inevitable project problems is easier when you have a record of what the issues are and how they're being resolved. This updated template will simplify the task.
Most IT projects are destined to hit a few snags along the way, making it essential to document the issues that arise so they don't derail your goals. This log will enable you to summarize all the problems that occur during a project. You can then view open issues, determine who is handling which problems, and make sure that a resolution is forthcoming.
To use the log, you just need to follow these steps:
- Document an issue, including any pertinent details such as the date and who reported it.
- Determine a priority for the issue. Label it as high, medium, or low.
- Assign the issue to a project team member. The issue can be scheduled for resolution to better manage the team member's time and effort.
- Track the status of the resolution. Label it as open, in progress, or closed.
- Document the process by which the issue was resolved. This will help the team note any lessons that can be learned from the problem's solution.
We've updated the log in PDF format to make it easy to use as a printed document. We also created an Excel workbook version for users who would rather maintain the log electronically.
Join the discussion of this download.