Date Added: Jul 2005
At the beginning of any secure network design project, many best practices apply more or less uniformly to all areas of the design. This sample chapter, taken from Cisco Press' Network Security Architectures, covers those best practices in detail. After reading this chapter you'll understand the following:
- Physical security issues
- Layer 2 security considerations
- IP addressing design considerations
- ICMP design considerations
- Routing considerations
- Transport protocol design considerations
- DoS design considerations.
Title: Network Security Architectures
Published: April 19, 2004
Author: Sean Convery
Chapter: Chapter 6: General Design Considerations
Published by Cisco Press
Included with this free sample chapter is a Cisco Press offer to save 30 percent on the complete text.