Gaming The System Guest Worker Visa Programs And Professional And Technical Workers In The U.S.

Date Added: Dec 2009
Format: PDF

An H-1 B visa is a non-immigrant visa for a foreign worker who will be employed temporarily in a specialty occupation or field. This visa classification is renewable for up to six years and H-1 B holders are to be employed in 'specialty occupations,' defined by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as an occupation which requires the "Theoretical and practical application of a body of specialized knowledge along with at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent."