Download now Free registration required
As of September 2007, nearly 80% of the world's IPv4 address capacity was exhausted, leaving only 20% for future Internet users. In recent years, the demand for IPv4 addresses has steadily accelerated due to rapid population growth, broadband deployment, and global demand for unique addresses for communication applications such as Voice over IP (VoIP), mobile phones, and connecting sensors over the Internet. Experts foresee that the depletion of unallocated IPv4 addresses will become a major problem within the next two to three years, unless an alternative solution is found.
- Format: PDF
- Size: 281.6 KB