Plan and create a custom database with Microsoft Access 2007
Learn how to create a custom database from scratch while taking full advantage of the tools that Access provides in this chapter download from Microsoft Office Access 2007 on Demand. Mastering database design concepts will also help you better understand how to create effective queries later on. Chapter coverage includes:
- Creating a custom database template
- Planning tables
- Creating tables in a database
- Creating a table by entering data
- Creating a table using a template
- Importing data into tables
- Linking to data in tables
- Working with table records
- Working with a table in Design view
- Specifying a primary key in Design view
- Planning table relationships
- Defining table relationships
- Creating and printing a table relationship report
- Ensuring referential integrity
- Identifying object dependencies
- Modifying object dependencies
Author: Steve Johnson, Perspection Inc.
Publisher: Que Publishing
Chapter 3: Planning and Creating a Custom Database
ISBN: 0-7897-3641-1; Copyright 2007 Que Publishing. All rights reserved.
Used with permission from the publisher. For more information, please visit InformIT.