5928 Microsoft Office Project Server 2007, Managing Projects
- Course Categorization:
- Project Management
- Course Provider:
- New Horizons Computer Learning Centers
- Learning Method:
- Classroom Learning
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Office Project Server 2007
- Describing the Enterprise Project Management Context
- Discovering Office Project Server 2007
- Differentiating the Users of Office Project Server 2007
- Working with Office Project Professional 2007 and Office Project Server 2007
Lesson 2: Initiating Projects
- Understanding Initiating Processes
- Differentiating the Initiating Processes in Project Professional 2007 and Project Web Access
- Managing Initiating Processes by Using Project Web Access
- Managing Documents in Office Project Web Access
Lesson 3: Planning Projects—Context and Framework
- Understanding the Project Management Plan
- Differentiating the Office Project Server 2007 Client Software
Lesson 4: Planning Projects—Scope and Schedule Management
- Developing Components of the Scope Management and Schedule Management Plans
- Working with Deliverables
Lesson 5: Planning Projects—Staffing Management Plan
- Building a Project Team
- Managing Resource Availability
Lesson 6: Planning Projects—Resource Assignments
- Understanding the Assignment Cycle
- Resolving Resource Overallocation
Lesson 7: Planning Projects—Cost, Risk, and Other Management Plans
- Developing Components of the Cost Management Plan
- Developing Components of the Risk Management Plan
- Linking Planning Documents and Using the Team Discussion Feature
Lesson 8: Executing Projects—Processes, Resources, and Deliverables
- Understanding Executing Processes
- Managing Resources and Deliverables
Lesson 9: Executing Projects—Managing Timesheets and Personal Settings
- Working with Timesheets
- Reporting Administrative Time
- Configuring Personal Settings
Lesson 10: Monitoring and Controlling Projects—Tracking Task and Project Progress
- Understanding the Monitoring and Controlling Processes
- Working with Task Progress and Updates in Project Web Access
- Working with Task Progress by Using Office Project 2007
- Tracking and Viewing Task Information by Using Outlook 2007
Lesson 11: Monitoring and Controlling Projects—Measuring Performance and Reporting Progress
- Understanding Status Reports
- Reviewing Performance Metrics and Progress Reports
Lesson 12: Closing Projects
- Understanding the Closing Process
- Supporting The Closing Process
- Anaheim, CA - July 18, 2012
- Pittsburgh, PA - September 19, 2012
After completing this lab, you will be better able to use the Home tab, Users and Groups tab, Network tab, Shared Folders and Web sites tab, backup and Server Storage tab, reports tab, security...
In these TechNet Virtual Labs, you'll have the opportunity to test-drive new and improved features and functionality in the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 releases. Each lab takes...
IBM Maximo for Transportation helps you take a strategic role in how you manage the performance of your transportation assets. In this demo you'll see how routine tasks like maintenance,...
In this course, students will identify effective project management practices and their related processes. They will examine the elements of sound project management and apply the generally...
In this course, students create a project plan containing tasks, organize these tasks in a work breakdown structure containing task relationships, create and assign resources, and finalize the...
In this course, students exchange project plan data with other applications, update project plans, create visual reports, and reuse project plan information.
The accelerated lean Six Sigma Black Belt program and methodology allows students to complete certification requirements faster than traditional Six Sigma and Lean training programs.
The accelerated Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program and methodology allows students to complete certification requirements faster than traditional Six Sigma and Lean training programs.
In this course, students learn the essentials of Visio. They design and manage basic diagrams, workflows, and flowcharts.
In this course, students build upon the knowledge gained that will enable them to work with many advanced features, including the drawing tools, creating and working with custom stencils and...
In this course, students will design and manage basic diagrams, workflows, and flowcharts.
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to build, maintain, and control well-formed project plans.
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close enterprise projects by using the Microsoft Office Project Server 2007...