Cisco® Implementing Cisco® Intrusion Prevention System v7.0 (IPS)
- Course Categorization:
- Course Provider:
- New Horizons Computer Learning Centers
- Learning Method:
- Classroom Learning
Lesson 1: Introduction to Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Cisco IPS Software, and Supporting Devices
- Evaluating Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Choosing Cisco IPS Software, Hardware, and Supporting Applications
- Evaluating Network IPS Traffic Analysis Methods, Evasion Possibilities, and Anti-Evasive Countermeasures
- Choosing a Network IPS and IDS Deployment Architecture
Lesson 2: Installing and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors
- Integrating the Cisco IPS Sensor into a Network
- Performing the Cisco IPS Sensor Initial Setup
- Managing Cisco IPS Devices
- Lab 2-1: Performing the Cisco IPS Sensor Initial Setup
- Lab 2-2: Managing a Cisco IPS Sensor
Lesson 3: Applying Cisco IPS Security Policies
- Configuring Basic Traffic Analysis
- Implementing Cisco IPS Signatures and Responses
- Configuring Cisco IPS Signature Engines and the Signature Database
- Deploying Anomaly-Based Operation
- Lab 3-1: Configuring and Modifying Basic Cisco IPS Signatures and Responses
- Lab 3-2: Configuring Cisco IPS Anomaly-Based Operation
Lesson 4: Adapting Traffic Analysis and Response to the Environment
- Customizing Traffic Analysis
- Managing False Positives and False Negatives
- Improving Alarm and Response Quality
- Lab 4-1: Configuring Custom Cisco IPS Signatures
- Lab 4-2: Managing False Positives and False Negatives
- Lab 4-3: Improving Alarm and Response Quality
Lesson 5: Managing and Analyzing Events
- Installing and Integrating Cisco IPS Manager Express with Cisco IPS Sensors
- Managing and Investigating Events using Cisco IPS Manager Express
- Using Cisco IME Reporting and Notifications
- Integrating Cisco IPS with Cisco Security Manager and Cisco Security MARS
- Using the Cisco IntelliShield Database and Services
- Lab 5-1: Using the Cisco IME
- Lab 5-2: Using Cisco IPS and Security Intelligence Web Resources
Lesson 6: Deploying Virtualization, High Availability, and High Performance Solutions
- Using Cisco IPS Virtual Sensors
- Deploying Cisco IPS for High Availability and High Performance
- Lab 6-1: Configuring Policy Virtualization
Lesson 7: Configuring and Maintaining Specific Cisco IPS Hardware
- Configuring and Maintaining the Cisco ASA AIP SSM and AIP SSC Modules
- Configuring and Maintaining the Cisco ISR IPS AIM and IPS NME Modules
- Configuring and Maintaining the Cisco IDSM-2 Module
- Urbandale, IA - April 23, 2012
- West Valley City, UT - May 7, 2012
- Las Vegas, NV - May 14, 2012
- Sacramento, CA - May 14, 2012
- Reno, NV - May 14, 2012
- Sacramento, CA - May 21, 2012
- Las Vegas, NV - July 16, 2012
- Sacramento, CA - July 16, 2012
- Reno, NV - July 16, 2012
- Urbandale, IA - July 16, 2012
- Charlotte, NC - October 8, 2012
- Urbandale, IA - October 8, 2012
IBM Maximo for Transportation helps you take a strategic role in how you manage the performance of your transportation assets. In this demo you'll see how routine tasks like maintenance,...
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network, including configuring a switch, a router, and...
This course focuses on skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium-size branch office Enterprise network, including configuring several switches and...
Students will focus on comprehensive security policies and how they affect networks, and perform tasks to secure the office network using Cisco IOS security features through web-based GUIs and the...
Students will learn how to help design, install, configure, monitor, and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks for a Cisco WLAN in small and mediumsized business (SMB) and enterprise installations.
The course teaches the concepts of IP of the system from the perspective of server administration, including its function, features, and configuration. This is an entry-level course that begins...
This course covers the theory of BGP, configuration of BGP on Cisco IOS routers, detailed troubleshooting information, and hands-on exercises that provide learners with the skills that they need...
An introduction to MPLS concepts, installation, migration, operation, inspection, and troubleshooting will be covered in this 5-day course. An overview of MPLS, MPLS operation, and MPLS VPN...
Students learn the knowledge and skills that are required to troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communications systems and solutions in enterprise, midmarket, and commercial deployments in single-site and...
Students will be introduced to techniques and features enabling or enhancing WAN and remote access solutions. The course focuses on using one or more of the available WAN connection technologies...
Students will learn advanced topics for Cisco MDS 9000 Series storage networks, including building virtual and heterogeneous SAN fabrics, configuring management and security services, configuring...