Airbus Reduce SAP Costs by 30 Per Cent With HP Data Centre Consolidation Project
Source: Hewlett-Packard (HP)
Airbus is one of the world's leading aircraft manufacturers, consistently capturing the majority of all worldwide orders for airliners, with more than 100 seats. The day-to-day operation of Airbus relies heavily on its SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications. Approximately 85 per cent of SAP users are based in Europe and the remaining 15 per cent in the other parts of the world including China, India and the USA. Apart from its development and engineering teams, all areas of the business use SAP and Airbus runs every SAP module except Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Airbus has outsourced its SAP operation to HP for eight years during which time the service has been provided from three data centres.