Business Interaction Management Corollary of Business Process Management and Adaptive Case Management
Source: Action Technologies
Most of the companies have spent a lot of money in the process optimization process, better known as Business Process Management (BPM), in the past. By nature, they were focusing first on highly predictable and repeatable business situations to improve these processes continuously. These BPM initiatives have rarely influenced more than 20% of all of the processes in the company, because there was just no business case to implement the other 80%. What does this mean? Is anything wrong with the BPM approach? The people think no, but the way to adopt business processes to the organization using work-flow technology is normally good for 20% of the company's business activities and is definitely not the way to go for the other 80%.