Spotlight on Cost: Core Infrastructure Best Practices
In this podcast the speaker speaks about an overview of the best practices for controlling IT costs, starting with the core IT infrastructure. Research from industry analysts indicate that roughly 80 percent of the typical IT budget is spent on operations and maintenance, leaving only 20 percent for IT innovation that can drive business value. In the current economic climate, the budget for IT innovation is squeezed even more, but that does not mean innovation needs to stop. From the desktop to the data center, in branch offices and headquarters, the company can thrive during these tough times by changing the IT infrastructure into a strategic asset.