Some 43% of tech leaders will increase salaries when hiring for certain in-demand positions, according to a Robert Half Technology report.
With a tight tech labor market, employees with the right skills and certifications can net high salaries for in-demand positions, according to a recent report from Robert Half Technology. While many organizations offer certifications for technology workers and project managers--some of which can drastically increase an employee's salary--it can be overwhelming to know which to pursue.
Ten out of 12 IT leaders said that certifications are worthwhile for employees, according to a TechRepublic CIO Jury poll. Most also agreed that while nothing can replace practical experience, certifications can act as a benchmark of employees' capabilities.
Some 43% of technology leaders said they are willing to increase the salary or compensation package when they hire for certain hard-to-fill positions, the report found.
SEE: The future of IT jobs: A business leader's guide (Tech Pro Research)
Here are 13 of the most highly-valued tech certifications, in alphabetical order:
- Agile and Scrum
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- CompTIA A+
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
To learn more about the top IT certifications that can increase your salary, read this TechRepublic article.
The big takeaways for tech leaders:
- PMP, MCSE, and CISSP are among the most in-demand tech certifications. -- Robert Half Technology, 2018
- 43% of technology leaders said they are willing to increase the salary or compensation package when they hire for certain hard-to-fill positions. -- Robert Half Technology, 2018
- IT budgeting: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- What is blockchain? Understanding the technology and the revolution (TechRepublic download)
- Vendor relationship management checklist (Tech Pro Research)
- Tech Budgets 2019: A CXO's Guide (ZDNet)
- 6 ways to delete yourself from the internet (CNET)
- Best to-do list apps for managing tasks on any platform (Download.com)
- CXO: More must-read coverage (TechRepublic on Flipboard)