Black Friday is on November 23, and TechRepublic is here to highlight the best deals in all of the after-Thanksgiving sales this year. While you might think of Black Friday as a day of discounts for consumer technology, there are plenty of tech deals for professionals. Stores sprinting to be first have already announced sales ahead of time, with some deals currently available.
TechRepublic will continue updating this roundup of Thanksgiving holiday weekend sales as retailers announce and end deals. As Black Friday is wrapping up, check out TechRepublic's Cyber Monday guide to the most up-to-date information on sales.
For a little gift-giving inspiration, check out TechRepublic's guides for the top tech gifts, the best holiday gifts for co-workers, cool gifts for bosses to buy for employees, top tech gift ideas for gadget lovers, and gifts techies should buy for others. For gift giving in your workplace, be aware of the do's and don'ts of giving holiday gifts to your co-workers, and the etiquette rule book on holiday gifts for your boss.
Best Black Friday laptop and notebook PC deals
New 8th generation "Coffee Lake" Intel Core processors launched in late 2017, bringing the biggest per-generation increase in raw performance in more than a decade and increasing battery performance on laptop-class CPUs. As laptop manufacturers refresh their product lines with these processors, many are now available at deep discounts.
Lenovo ThinkPad T470s at 54% off - from $779.99 (Lenovo, starts Thanksgiving week)
- Apple MacBook Pro MR9R2LL/A (mid-2018, 2.3 GHz quad core, 8GB RAM / 512 GB SSD) - $1,799 [was $1,999] (L.A. Computer Company)
ASUS ROG 15.6" 120Hz / 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 / 3.8 GHz i7-7700HQ, 8GB RAM, 128 GB PCIe NVMe SSD + 1TB Hybrid Drive - $799 [was $1,000] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24) MSI 15.6" IPS FHD / 6GB GTX 1060 / 4.1 GHz i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 1 TB HDD - $999 (Newegg, Nov. 23-24) Huawei MateBook X Pro 53010CAJ 13.9" 3000x2000 Touchscreen / NVIDIA GeForce MX150 / i7-8550U (1.80 GHz) 16GB RAM, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD - $1,349 [was $1,499] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24) Samsung Notebook 5 15.6" /2 GHz AMD Ryzen 5 2500U (Quad-Core) / 8GB RAM / 1TB HDD - $450 [was $600] (Best Buy)
- Razer Blade Pro 17.3" / i7-7700HQ / 16GB / 256 GB SSD + 2TB HDD - $1,799 [was $2,299] (Microsoft Store, Nov. 22-26)
Black Friday sales on Chromebooks
- Google Pixelbook - $699 [was $999] (Google, Nov. 18-28)
HP 11.6" Chromebook (11-v031nr) - $120 [was $200] (Target, Nov. 23-24) Samsung Chromebook 3 - $99 [was $199] (Walmart, Nov. 21-23) ASUS 13.3" Chromebook C300SA (Red) - $159 [was $229] (Amazon)
Best Black Friday iPad and Surface tablet deals
With a glut of cheap tablets like the Amazon Fire intended for content consumption rather than getting things done, the low end of this market has become saturated. Tablets for content creators and professionals, like the iPad Pro, are definitely worth looking into.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 - i5 / 8GB / 128GB with Type Cover & Surface Pen - $800 [was $1,000] (Costco)
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 - m3 / 4GB / 128GB with Type Cover - $599 [was $959] (Best Buy, for "My Best Buy" members, registration is free.)
- Apple iPad (2018) 32GB - $250 [was $320] (Costco)
- Apple iPad Pro 11" 64GB (2018) - $749 [was $799] (B&H)
For a quick overview of how the latest models have changed and whether the upgrade is worth it, see TechRepublic's cheat sheets for the 2018 iPad Pro, Microsoft Surface Go, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, and Google Pixel Slate tablets.
SEE: Best Black Friday deals 2018 (CNET)
Best Black Friday iPhone and Android deals
Apple iPhone XR, XS, or XS Max up to $150 off with qualified activation (Best Buy, Nov. 22-24)
- Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ or Note 9 (unlocked): save $200 (Samsung, ends Nov. 26)
Also at B&H (Note 9 only)
- Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S9, S9+, or Note 9: free $300 Walmart gift card with purchase and qualified activation (Walmart, Nov. 22-25)
- Google Pixel 3 - $649 [was $799] (Google, from Nov. 22)
- Google Pixel 3 XL - $699 [was $899] (Google, from Nov. 22)
Honor 7X Unlocked (3GB / 32GB) - $169 [was $199] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24)
- OnePlus 6: $100 off, 6GB/ 64GB $429, 8GB / 128 GB $479 (OnePlus, starting 3 AM EST Nov. 20)
LG G7 ThinQ 64GB - $529 [was $729] (B&H) LG V35 ThinQ (GSM Unlocked AT&T Model V350A) - $409 [was $900] (amazing-wireless via eBay)
Best Black Friday desktop and workstation PC deals
Desktop PCs offer a higher level of power that is simply unmatched by portable devices. In particular, gaming PCs are typically paired with the newest NVIDIA GeForce GTX or AMD Radeon RX graphics cards. Though they may be marketed for playing games, those high-performance desktops can be put to good use with Photoshop or other apps in Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as AutoCAD.
MSI Infinite A 8RC-459US Intel Core i5 8th Gen 8400 (2.80 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 2 TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - $799 (Newegg, Nov. 23-24, after $100 MIR) HP Omen Intel Core i7-8700 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD - $899 (Best Buy, Nov. 22-24)
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B - $27.49 [was $35] (Arrow)
Intel Next Unit of Computing NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U) - $299 [was $399] (Amazon) Also at Newegg (ends Nov. 24) Intel Next Unit of Computing NUC8i7BEH (i7-8559U) - $379 [was $517] (Amazon)
If you are struck by indecision, check out CNET's Desktop reviews to see if these deals are a good fit for your needs.
Best Black Friday smart home office deals
More people are telecommuting full time than ever before, while others work from home during special circumstances like inclement weather. Smart office technology is integral to making your office away from the office work for you. Check out the TechRepublic and ZDNet special feature " How to Optimize the Smart Office" and learn more about TechRepublic's Smart Home Office.
- APC Back-UPS BN450M - $30 [was $65] (B&H)
- Chromecast (3rd generation) - $25 [was $35] (Google, Nov. 22-26)
- Chromecast Audio - $15 [was $25] (Google, Nov. 22-26)
Google Clips - $99 [was $249] (B&H)
- Google Home - $79 [was $129] (Google, Nov. 22-26)
Google Home Mini - $25 [was $50] (Target, Nov. 23-24)
- Google Home Mini 3 pack (Chalk) - $70 [was $100] (Costco)
- Google Home Hub - $100 [was $150] (Google, Nov. 22-26)
- Herman Miller chairs 15% off + 5% off via coupon code "Snow5" + Free Shipping (Office Designs)
SteelSeries QcK XXL Gaming Mouse Pad - $15 [was $30] (Best Buy, Nov. 23)
- DJI Mavic Air - $699 [was $799] (DJI, ends Nov. 26)
- Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - $25 [was $35] (Best Buy)
- O'Reilly Online Learning 1-Year subscription - $199 [was $399] (O'Reilly, ends Nov. 26)
- Pixelarity Website Template Subscription - 50% Off [save $10 off 3 month subscription] (Pixelarity, ends Nov. 30)
For more on smart home technology and digital home security, see CNET's Smart Home section.
Best Black Friday TV deals
As large format displays become commoditized, you can get a 4K HDR TV bigger than 50" without breaking the bank. These affordable LCD and OLED TVs double as great displays in meeting and conference rooms.
TCL 65" 4K HDR LED Roku Smart TV - $398 [was $598] (Walmart, Nov. 21-23) Toshiba 50" 4K HDR LED Fire Smart TV - $299 [was $399] (Amazon, various times from Nov. 16-23)
- LG 60" 4K LED TV webOS Smart TV - $549 [was $899] (Target)
Roku Ultra 4K Media Streamer + JBL Earbuds - $49 [was $99] (Amazon)
Best Black Friday monitor deals
Choices for computer monitors have never been more varied. With basic 1080p displays, as well as ultrawide 21:9 cinema displays and curved screens, there is a monitor that can fit your needs.
Lenovo ThinkVision P24q at 30% off - $188 (Lenovo, starts Thanksgiving week) ASUS ROG Strix XG258Q 24.5" Adaptive/FreeSync 1ms 240Hz - $329 [was $459] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24)
For buying advice, learn how to improve your workflow with monitors best suited for programmers and designers.
SEE: Black Friday shoppers should be wary of scammers with fake apps (Download.com)
Best Black Friday hard drive, USB, and flash storage deals
Now that mainstream smartphones have the ability to shoot video in 4K, there is a need for more storage. Whether you are looking for upgrades for your computer, or external storage, or just a flash memory card for your phone, there is a deal for you.
Black Friday sales on solid-state drives (SSDs)
HP 512GB EX920 M.2 2280 PCIe x4 NVMe TLC NAND SSD - $90 [was $200] (Newegg via eBay) Intel 256GB 545s 2.5" SATA 64-Layer 3D NAND TLC SSD - $35 [was $70] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24) ADATA 1TB SU800 2.5" SATA 3D NAND SSD - $96 [was $399] (ADATA via Rakuten, Promo Code BF20) Micron 2TB 1100 2.5" SATA SSD - $200 (TheKeyKey va Rakuten, Promo Code BF20)
Black Friday sales on internal hard drives
Toshiba X300 5TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / 128MB Cache - $109 [was $150] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24, Promo Code BFAD134) Seagate BarraCuda 8TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / 256MB Cache - $179 [was $224] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24) Toshiba L200 1TB 2.5" 9.5mm 5400 RPM SATA2 / 8MB Cache - $35 [was $55] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24, Promo Code BFAD133) Seagate IronWolf NAS 12TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / 256MB Cache - $349 [was $451] (Newegg, Nov. 23)
Black Friday sales on external hard drives
- Seagate Expansion 8TB USB 3.0 3.5" Desktop HDD - $129 [was $189] (Newegg)
- 30% off + free shipping from G-Technology (a Western Digital brand) (eBay, ends Nov. 30th)
- Samsung T5 500GB External SSD - $98 [was $129] (Amazon)
Black Friday sales on USB drives
WD Easystore 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Blue) - $19 [was $79] (Best Buy, Nov. 22-24) PNY Attaché 4 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Black) - $2.99 [was $7.99] (Best Buy, Nov. 22-24)
Black Friday sales on SD, microSD, and CompactFlash cards
SanDisk Ultra PLUS 128GB microSDXC UHS-I - $19 [was $139.99] (Best Buy, Nov. 22-24)
- SanDisk Ultra 200GB microSDXC UHS-1 - $29 [was $48] (Newegg, ends Nov. 25)
- SanDisk Ultra 400GB microSDXC UHS-1 - $79 [was $249] (Amazon, Nov. 22)
For a quick comparison, CNET has a roundup of the best storage devices for 2018.
Best Black Friday headphone, headset, and speaker deals
Frequent travelers swear by the noise canceling features found in many headphones, which come in handy during long-haul flights. While speakers are good for a private office, a quality pair of headphones lets you rock out to the best Christmas song ever without disturbing your coworkers.
Bose On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones (Triple Black) - $100 [was $180] (Costco) Bose SoundSport Wireless Earphones - $99 [was $149] (Walmart, Nov. 21-23) Beats Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones - $90 [was $199] (Target, Nov. 23-24) Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones II - $299 [was $349] (Newegg, Nov. 22-24)
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones for Apple Devices - $115 [was $195] (QVC, new members only via coupon "TEN4U")
- Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 Headset - $49 [was $99] (Best Buy, Nov. 22-26)
- HiFiMan HE-560 V2 Premium Planar Magnetic Headphones - $250 [was $900] (Adorama)
- Apple HomePod - $250 [was $350] (Best Buy)
Get to know the differences between models and makers with CNET's best headphones for 2018 guide.
SEE: Skip Black Friday lines at Target and Walmart with mobile app checkouts (Download.com)
Best Black Friday printer, scanner, and all-in-one deals
Practically speaking, there's never a bad time for a new printer. Most manufacturers offer a 2-in-1 printer and scanner combo, though many still offer all-in-one models with a fax machine because people still use fax machines. If you're set for 2D printing solutions, check out TechRepublic's cheat sheet for 3D printing to learn about the variety of materials you can 3D print with.
- Canon imageCLASS MF634Cdw Wireless Color Laser All-In-One Printer - $199 [was $399] (Office Depot & Office Max, In Store Only: Check link for store availability.)
- Similarly, the MF632Cdw is available from Best Buy for
$179$169 [was $349]. (Only for "My Best Buy" members, registration is free.)
- Similarly, the MF632Cdw is available from Best Buy for
Brother HL-L2350DW Wireless/Duplex Monochrome Compact Laser Printer - $79 [was $119] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24) HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing - $149 [was $300] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24) Xerox Phaser 6510/DNI Duplex Wireless Color Laser Printer - $189 [was $449] (Newegg, Nov. 23-24) 50% off all Canon Laser printers (Office Depot, Nov. 23)
With hundreds of different models with minor differences between them, CNET's guide to the best printers for 2018 can help you get a good start.
Best Black Friday smartwatch and fitness tracker deals
Smartwatches and fitness trackers can help with New Year's weight loss resolutions, in addition to tracking texts and emails, phone calls, calendar appointments, news alerts, and other configurable reminders.
- 30% off Fossil smartwatches (Fossil, via coupon code "BLKFRIDAY")
- Fitbit Versa Smartwatch (Large & Small Bands) - $150 [was $199] (Target, Nov. 23-26)
- Also available at Amazon.
- Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 42mm Smartwatch (GPS + Cellular, Silver Aluminum Case, Pure Platinum/Black Nike Sport Band) - $309 [was $349] (B&H)
Apple Watch Series 3 42mm Smartwatch (GPS, Space Gray Aluminum Case, Black Sport Band) - $229 [was $309] (Amazon) Other configurations also available from Amazon for $80 off. Apple Watch Series 3 38mm Smartwatch (GPS, Space Gray Aluminum Case, Black Sport Band) - $199 [was $279] (Macy's)
To get a better understanding of differences between various models of smartwatches and fitness trackers, check out ZDNet's reviews of the Apple Watch Series 4, Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Versa, and the Amazfit Bip to see which is best suited for your needs.
- Adobe Creative Cloud gets 25% discount for Black Friday (TechRepublic)
- Find the best Black Friday 2018 deals with these apps (Download.com)
- The 8 best apps for finding unique holiday gifts (Download.com)
- 71% of consumers will shop Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Is your business ready? (TechRepublic)
- Black Friday 2018: The best early US deals in tech (ZDNet)
- How cybercriminals take advantage of Black Friday on the Dark Web (TechRepublic)
- Black Friday 2018 Amazon deals now available: Fire TV, Roku, Recast DVR, Fire tablets, Blink cameras and more (CNET)
James Sanders is a technology writer for TechRepublic. He covers future technology, including quantum computing, AI, and 5G, as well as cloud, security, open source, mobility, and the impact of globalization on the industry, with a focus on Asia.