Editor’s note: TechRepublic’s free-with-membership articles, including these two from this content package—“Nuts and bolts of a wireless bridge” and “Get IT Done: How to place your wireless access point”—provide excellent wireless network tips for administrators. For a comprehensive look at wireless networking issues, buy our Wireless Networking Survival Guide to improve your wireless knowledge.
As wireless computing demands increase, you must have the knowledge to meet needs without sacrificing security. Introducing a wireless network requires careful planning up front, knowledgeable configuration, and diligent attention and administration. With TechRepublic’s Wireless Networking Survival Guide, you’ll learn how to integrate, troubleshoot, secure, and administer a wireless network for your small office and discover how to select the right products and devices for your organization. You’ll get the know-how to:
- Understand wireless network operation.
- Add and configure network adapters.
- Establish file access permissions.
- Select the best products for your needs.
- Secure wireless systems and networks.
- Configure wireless network connections.
- Roll out and maintain a local area network.
In addition to the guide, you will also receive a bonus Companion CD-ROM: The Wireless Networking Tool Kit.