TechRepublic’s weekly profile gives you a snapshot of an IT-related enterprise. This quick look offers vital information to keep you apprised of potential customers, partners, or competitors.
SmartAge Corp. provides Internet consulting to small businesses, offering services such as Web promotion, protection against downtime, and submission to search engines. William Lohse founded the privately held company in 1998. SmartAge has 51 employees.
Products and services
- Build a site. SmartAge helps customers build a Web site or add e-commerce operations.
- Promote your small business’s site. Small business owners have several options to promote their sites, such as the SmartClicks Business Ad Network and SmartAge Media Buyer.
- Sell your company’s products and services online. SmartAge offers several ways to generate revenue through your company’s Web site. SmartAge will also help your company monitor its ISP for downtime.
- William Lohse, chairman and CEO
- John Thomsen, president of SmartClicks
- Johnathan Robinson, vice president of sales
- Christopher Dean, vice president of business development
Major investors include Artemis Ventures, Vint Cerf, Michael Dell, El Dorado Ventures, and William Lohse.
SmartAge provides Internet marketing and Web building services to small businesses.
SmartAge offers affordable Internet consulting to smaller businesses building their presence on the Web. The company has strategic alliances with Beyond.com, ICat Corp., Netscape Communications, Network Solutions Inc., Ziff-Davis, and Infoseek Corp.
3450 California StreetSan Francisco, CA 94118Tel: 415-674-3787Fax: 415-674-3782www.smartage.com How does your enterprise target small businesses? Let us know by posting a comment or sending us a note.