This article is courtesy of TechRepublic Premium. For more content like this, as well as a full library of ebooks and whitepapers, sign up for Premium today. Read more about it here.
Veteran tech journalists Ed Bott, Mary Jo Foley, and Bill Detwiler discuss how Windows 10 is shaping Microsoft's hardware strategy and the company's plans for the Surface Pro, Surface Book and Windows Phone.
Over the last few months, Microsoft launched a host of new, Microsoft-branded Windows 10 devices. The new Surface Books, Surface Pro 4s, Lumia 950/950XL phones and Band 2 devices are all central to the company's combined Windows & Devices team's mission of getting Windows 10 in the hands of as many users as possible. During this inaugural episode of The Tech Pro Research Podcast, Microsoft watcher Mary Jo Foley, Windows expert Ed Bott, and veteran tech journalist Bill Detwiler discuss where devices figure in Microsoft's evolving strategy; what's (possibly) next for Windows Phones; and why Microsoft, the software and services company is still making hardware at all.
Enjoying this article?
Download this article and thousands of whitepapers and ebooks from our Premium library. Enjoy expert IT analyst briefings and access to the top IT professionals, all in an ad-free experience.Join Premium Today
More Windows 10 and Microsoft hardware resources from Tech Pro Research:
- PC, tablet and smartphone trends, and the rise of the hybrid
- Launch a pilot program to work out Windows 10 wrinkles before you deploy
- Microsoft's new Surface devices, by the numbers
- Windows 10: The essential guide for business professionals
- Microsoft analyst call: Windows 10 what it means for enterprise IT
- How long should you wait before deploying Windows 10?
If you have feedback about the podcast, ping us on Twitter: