Writely is the online equivalent to Microsoft Word. It allows you to manage documents, websites, and blogs online. Upstartle LLC, the 4 person company behind Writely was gobbled up by Google. I am sure Google is attempting to repackage the online word processor as a competitor to Microsoft Word. Time will Tell.
On Writely’s web site I found a Top Ten List I will share.
- Writely is like a caterpillar that we hope to make into a beautiful butterfly at Google!
- We love Google’s philosophy and values — especially “Focus on the user.”
- We’re as passionate as Google is about respecting users’ privacy.
- Many of our users are already Google fans using other Google services.
- Being at Google will help us do more great things faster.
- Some people didn’t feel comfortable trusting a tiny startup with their documents…and we’re no longer a tiny startup.
- We like lava lamps and they’re pretty much standard decor at Google.
- Three words: Free Googleplex lunches 😉
- As fun as it’s been to launch a popular, global, 24×7 Web service, it’ll be nice to take a vacation once in a while!
- We’ll be able to bring Writely to not just thousands but millions of users — the more, the merrier.
Do you agree with this top 10 list? Do you really believe Google has great values? Let’s ask Mark Jen!