Every help desk should have a clearly defined process through which end users can request the purchase and installation of nonstandard software. A critical component of this process should be a paper or online form that the support department can use when a particular software purchase order is refused, either by the IT department or the department requesting the purchase. Such a form ensures that both the IT department and the user who requested the purchase understand why the software purchase order was refused.
To help you develop such a form for your help desk we have created a sample purchase order refusal form based on a submission from TechRepublic member Julie O’Reilly.
Designed to be used alone or in conjunction with our software purchase/installation approval form and our software installation checklist, this purchase order refusal form collects the following information:
- Department information (e.g., site location and department name)
- Requestor information (e.g., name, phone number, supervisor’s name, and supervisor’s phone number)
- Software information (e.g., the software name, version number, and unit price)
- Reason for purchase order refusal (i.e., because it’s a noncritical business application, the unit price was not approved by department or maybe other applications have already been purchased that fulfill the users’ needs)
- Approving manager information (e.g., printed name and signature)
Download our purchase order refusal form
You can download our purchase order refusal form by following this link or by clicking on the Downloads link in the navigation bar at the top of this page. TechRepublic has many useful documents, templates, and applications available for download, so be sure to check out our other offerings.
Our purchase order refusal form is available both as a Microsoft Word document and as an Adobe PDF file. To increase download speed, we’ve zipped these two files together into one file. You will need an unzip utility such as WinZip or PKZIP to expand the zipped file. You will also need either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat Reader to view each respective document. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader here.