With the rise of disruptive technologies like cloud computing, the Internet of Things, automation, and artificial intelligence, current IT job roles and future hiring priorities are bound to evolve. Our special report from ZDNet and TechRepublic, IT Jobs 2020: A Leader’s Guide, provides insight for the CXOs who will be leading efforts to adapt.
To begin, Charles McLellan took a deep dive into industry research and summarized the predictions about the rise of automation and its effect on jobs.
The report also contains plenty of actionable advice for tech professionals. Several articles go into detail about the skills and training that will be needed to get a job in 2020, what jobs will be most in-demand, and how leaders can plan to fill those IT jobs of the future.
There’s also a look at how current tech jobs will be radically transformed by AI and automation, and advice for CIOs on how to adapt for the growing demand for specialized talent.
Tech Pro Research — a joint venture from ZDNet and TechRepublic — focused on the upcoming year in IT jobs with an original research report that contains details about the positions companies will be looking to hire in 2018, and how they’ll be working to fill talent gaps.
To read all these articles and more, download the full report, IT Jobs 2020: A Leader’s Guide.
- 21 weird tech job titles of the future (TechRepublic)
- The 6 most in-demand AI jobs, and how to get them (TechRepublic)
- Report: Artificial intelligence is creating jobs, generating economic gains (ZDNet)
- Automation will take over IT tasks, not jobs (ZDNet)
- Hiring kit: Robotics engineer (Tech Pro Research)
- Hiring kit: Data architect (Tech Pro Research)