This special report from ZDNet and TechRepublic examines the future of transportation and its impact on commuters, deliveries, and businesses. Download the entire report as a free PDF ebook.
Autonomous transportation has been a subject of science fiction for decades, but it's quickly becoming reality, with companies such as Ford and Domino's Pizza being some of the latest to get into the action in interesting new ways. This month's special report from ZDNet and TechRepublic, Tech and the Future of Transportation, looks at how the rise of autonomous transportation will affect businesses and employees.
You can download all of the stories as a free PDF ebook (free registration required).
There are many obstacles to overcome before autonomous vehicles go mainstream, and writer Conner Forrest examined those, including liability in case of accidents, insurance coverage, and fear caused by high-profile mishaps.
Diving further into the safety issue, writer Teena Maddox reported on the ability of autonomous vehicles to save lives by eliminating accidents caused by human error.
Looking at the current business landscape, writer Alison DeNisco reported on research that named the 10 leading companies in the autonomous vehicle space. Some relatively unknown companies made the list, and some of the usual suspects like Tesla, Uber, and Apple were absent.
TechRepublic's global editor in chief Jason Hiner delved into the massive disruptions that could be unleashed by hyperloop.
This feature also contains original research from Tech Pro Research, a joint venture from ZDNet and TechRepublic. That report details predictions from 289 professionals about how autonomous transportation will affect their industries, companies, and personal lives.
To read these articles and more, download the full PDF report, Tech and the Future of Transportation.
- Hyperloop highway? You could travel from US to India in 3 hours for $50 (TechRepublic)
- Honda autonomous off-road robot could handle dangerous jobs in the field (TechRepublic)
- Nissan's plan for safer autonomous driving? Connect the car to a human brain (TechRepublic)
- Infosys and Udacity team up to train 500 engineers in autonomous technologies (TechRepublic)
- Will human drivers always be the weak link when sharing the road with autonomous vehicles? (TechRepublic)
- The top 5 things to know about Hyperloop (TechRepublic)
- At CES 2018, Nvidia launches Xavier, an effort to meld autonomous driving and AI (ZDNet)
- CES 2018: Mobileye to kick off 15 autonomous driving projects in 2018 (ZDNet)
- Ford Motor Company: Data and the future of autonomous vehicles (ZDNet)
- BlackBerry's QNX, Baidu to collaborate, integrate on autonomous cars (ZDNet)