You’ve created a graphic from WordArt for your return address that you would like to place on all your envelopes. Rather than resorting to a costly printing service, you can easily
add the graphic to your envelopes as you type each letter.
First, save the
graphic as AutoText by following these steps:
- Select the WordArt graphic
you created for your return address.
- Press [Alt][F3]
- Enter a name for the
AutoText entry such as CompanyAddress.
- Click OK.
To add the graphic to your
envelope, follow these steps:
- Open your Word document containing your letter
and select the mailing address in the document.
- Go to Tools | Letters And Mailing | Envelopes And
Labels. (In Word 2000, go to Tools | Envelopes And Labels.)
- Click the Add To Document button.
- Click the Page Layout View in the Status bar.
- Go to Insert | AutoText | AutoText.
- Scroll to and select CompanyAddress
from the list.
- Click the Insert button and then OK.
You can now adjust the
position and size of the graphic for your envelope before printing.
Miss a tip?
Check out the Microsoft Word archive, and catch up on our most recent Word tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic’s free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.