Welcome to our "Got Answers?" series (which is published each Thursday) where we are helping fellow members get answers to their tech questions. Are you the one who can offer advice or tips to help your fellow member with their issues?
Nothing is more frustrating than when your computer is not working correctly. We have all been there at one time or another. This is what TechRepublic member harlekin is currently facing after having replaced both their motherboard and power supply, so they have turned to the TechRepublic community for assistance.
TechRepublic member harlekin says, "Hi everybody, I have a delicate question.
So last Monday my PC suddenly turned off and when I turned it on again it smelled a bit burnt. I couldn't start it up afterward so I thought either the motherboard or the power supply is broke.
I ordered a new motherboard as well as power supply and installed both. Everything seemed to work nicely, system running, fans turning but there wasn't any graphical output. I both tried VGA and HDMI plugs. Sucks!
Now I think that I would have to re-install the graphic card, but I can't find a way to do that, since my the new motherboard has no integrated graphic chip.
Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed ?
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P rev.1
EVGA GTX 760 SC 4GB
Corsair DDR3 2133 MHz 16 GB
Are you able to help harlekin with their question? Just click the button below:
The TechRepublic Forums is a community of IT Experts, where you can go to seek advice, share your knowledge, brainstorm, shoot the breeze and enjoy the camaraderie of your IT peers. So, if you haven't already - be sure to check out the forums today!
More Tech Help Questions from the TechRepublic Forums
- Is it possible to convert an obscure file format to a commonly used one? by HubertCumberdale
- How to safely transfer program files from SSD to 1TB HD by skittlesndew171
- Why is everyone using WordPress when it is comparatively unsafe than a Php by stephenchongsg
- Get ready for machine-learning accelerator chips (TechRepublic)
- Introducing the all-new Dell™ Precision™ mobile workstations (TechRepublic)
- Nvidia unveils new GPU architecture for computer graphics rendering (ZDNet)
- Graphic Card Reviews (CNET)
- Microsoft's Windows Admin Center graphical management tool version 1809 is generally available (ZDNet)
Previous "Got Answers?" Questions
Tammy Cavadias is the Community and Member Services Manager for ZDNet, TechRepublic, and Tech Pro Research. She loves spending time with her 8 rescue dogs, and in her spare time she helps animal rescues. She has been with the company since 1996.