Welcome to our "Got Answers?" series (which is published each Thursday) where we are helping fellow members get answers to their tech questions. Are you the one who can offer advice or tips to help your fellow member with their issues?
TechRepublic member Willkabob is having strange issues with their XBOX controller on their PC so they have turned to the TechRepublic community for assistance to get their issue resolved.
TechRepublic member Willkabob states, "As of a few days ago, my controllers have not worked properly on this PC. I have windows 10, and I tried both an Xbox One controller and an Xbox 360 Rockcandy controller, but they both do the same strange stuff.
For example, RB is very unpredictable, it can: move my mouse in one direction, skip my spotify music, lower/raise my volume, right click, open menus in games.
Start just straight up doesn't work, and in Monster Hunter World, moving my left stick up or down moves the camera left or right, and moving the stick left or right does nothing. Instead, LT moves the camera left when it's not pressed, and moves it right when it is pressed.
I have tried to fix it in the few ways I could think, including: re-calibrating the controller, reinstalling the drivers, unplugging it and plugging it into other USB ports, resetting/configuring controls. But none of these seem to work.
I really can't think of any reason why this is going on, I didn't install any new programs recently and I have never had JoyToKey installed on this PC. Any suggestions are appreciated."
Are you able to help Willkabob with their question? Just click the button below:
The TechRepublic Forums is a community of IT Experts, where you can go to seek advice, share your knowledge, brainstorm, shoot the breeze and enjoy the camaraderie of your IT peers. So, if you haven't already - be sure to check out the forums today!
More Tech Help Questions from the TechRepublic Forums
- Openstack on Ubuntu by nexusguy59
- How to Enforce "IP Lock" in G Suite? by tejas_ambekar
- What is the difference between on-premise and cloud-based CRM? by tejas_ambekar
- Microsoft's Xbox Adaptive Controller for gaming is now available (CNET)
- 6 reasons gamification improves cybersecurity training (TechRepublic)
- Microsoft adds a new subscription-based financing offer to its line-up with Xbox All Access (ZDNet)
- 72% of cybersecurity pros say hiring video gamers could fix the IT skills gap (TechRepublic)
- Microsoft continues investing in gaming with acquisitions, new Xbox consoles (ZDNet)
Previous "Got Answers?" Question(s)
Tammy Cavadias is the Community and Member Services Manager for ZDNet, TechRepublic, and Tech Pro Research. She loves spending time with her 8 rescue dogs, and in her spare time she helps animal rescues. She has been with the company since 1996.