Action Launcher 3 offers a feature set that can seriously boost efficiency. Get details on how to enable and use one such feature called Quickpage.
If you installed Action Launcher on your Android device, you've probably come to love how efficient it makes the home screen. This home screen replacement offers plenty of features, some of which you won't find anywhere else...all of which go a long way to make interacting with Android highly productive.
One such handy feature is the Quickpage. It's a pull-out page accessed from the right edge of the screen that allows you to add widgets, launchers, and folders. Consider it a customizable App Drawer, ready to serve you with a quick swipe to the left.
Out of the box, Quickpage is disabled, and finding the setting to enable the feature isn't exactly intuitive. You'd think such an important feature would have its own category within Settings. It does not.
In order to enable Quickpage, do the following.
- Swipe right from the left edge of the home screen.
- Tap Action 3 Settings.
- Tap Desktop.
- Scroll down and tap the enable slider for Quickpage (Figure A).
Enabling Quickpage on the OnePlus 3.
You can go back to your home screen and slide left, from the right edge, to open Quickpage.
Adding to Quickpage
Adding an item to Quickpage is handled exactly as you would if you were adding an item to the standard home screen page. Here's how to add a widget.
- Long press on an empty home screen spot.
- Tap Widgets.
- Locate and tap the widget to be added.
- When prompted, tap CREATE to give Action Launcher access to the necessary data to be displayed.
- Long press the widget and drag it to the right edge of the screen.
- When the Quickpage opens, drop the widget onto the Quickpage.
- Resize the widget as needed.
That's it--your widget is available on the Quickpage (Figure B).
A Calendar widget added to Quickpage.
You can add as many folders/launchers/widgets as you can fit on the Quickpage. I have been using it for quick access to a full-page, interactive calendar widget to make for easy access to my schedule. You could also set up an entire page of folders, quick call launchers, or anything that might make your Android experience more efficient.
Once you have your items added to the Quickpage, they are a mere left-swipe away.
A quick means to efficiency
If you're like me, you want your smartphone to function with as much efficiency as possible. Thanks to Action Launcher 3's Quickpage, you can get a level of efficiency that you might not have otherwise enjoyed. Get creative with this feature, and it will serve you well.
- IObit Applock: An app locker Android users can count on (TechRepublic)
- How to maximize OnePlus phone's Shelf, a hidden productivity gem (TechRepublic)
- ASAP Launcher offers Android users a worthy alternative to Nova Launcher (TechRepublic)
- Get breaking news in one UI with the News Republic Android app (TechRepublic)
- Will the spectacular failure of the Samsung Note 7 kill Android? A data-driven analysis (ZDNet)
- Mobile app development policy (Tech Pro Research)