If you're tired of spam calls and messages, and you happen to have an Android device running Nougat, Jack Wallen shows you how to easily block those numbers.
I don't know about you, but I get a lot of spam phone calls and messages. For the longest time, I've searched for a reliable way to block phone numbers on my Android device. It's been a doable task, but not always intuitive or user-friendly. With the release of Android Nougat, blocking numbers is not only possible, but easy. Let me show you how this is done.
First off, this only works with Nougat, so if you're working with an earlier iteration of Android, you're out of luck. I will demonstrate how to block numbers on my OnePlus 3, running Android 7.1.1.
With the OnePlus 3, open up the dialer app and tap the menu button and then tap Settings. In the resulting window, tap Blocked numbers. Next tap the plus button and enter the phone number to be blocked. When you're done typing the number, tap BLOCK and that number will now be blocked from your device. No calls or texts will come in from that number. That was so easy -- and so overdue.
You no longer have to worry about third-party applications or kludgy workarounds to get calls and messages blocked from spammy phone numbers.
- How to view two Chrome tabs side by side in Android Nougat (TechRepublic)
- How to make use of the Android Nougat recent apps lock (TechRepublic)
- 6 hidden Android tricks to increase productivity (TechRepublic)
- How to pin apps to the Android Nougat Share menu (TechRepublic)
- Nokia 6 is pure Android Nougat in a sleek aluminium body (ZDNet)