This tip was provided by Jacky Howe.
- Press the WinKey + r type, control and press Enter.
- Open Backup and Restore.
- In the left pane, click Create a system repair disc, and then follow the steps. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- You will be presented with a dialogue box.Select a CD/DVD drive and insert a blank disc into the drive and select Create disc.
Note: If you’re prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc can’t be found on your computer. Insert a Windows 7 installation disc.
To use the system repair disc:
- Insert the system repair disc into your CD or DVD drive.
- Restart your computer using the computer’s power button.
- If prompted, press any key to start the computer from the system repair disc.
- If your computer isn’t configured to start from a CD or DVD, check the information that came with your computer. You might need to change your computer’s BIOS settings.
- Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
- Select a recovery option, and then click Next.
Tip: Print these instructions and keep them in a safe location with your system repair disc.
Send in your own TR Community tip that we can feature in the TR Out Loud blog to firstname.lastname@example.org.