Welcome to our new "Got Answers?" series where we are helping fellow members get answers to their tech questions. Are you the one who can help your fellow members with their questions?
It is rarely easy trying to get back into the IT industry or any other career field after a long break, regardless of the reason, as TechRepublic member moore.w211967 is discovering.
TechRepublic member moore.w211967 asks, "Hello, I was looking for some advice for a person who had personal life problems, and created a long gap in their line of events to become a IT professional, could do to get back in the industry.
After a very successful track record in college, 3.98 in Networking, performing volunteer work, and working very hard to get my degree I had a large mass of personal issues culminate after graduating, that led me to not having work experience, and take a few years away from working, and being active in the IT field.
With having a large sum of debt, an my drive returning to want to get back into the industry there are obvious gaps in my resume, with a lack of experience, that make it very difficult to find employment. I have considered looking into some certifications to augment my out-dated resume, and find new knowledge to arm myself. But I wondered which would be most helpful, what would help me break out into the IT industry, and if anyone has any personal experience in recovering with such issues.
Any advice is welcome, Thanks in advance."
Are you able to help moore.w211967 with their question? Just click the button below:
The TechRepublic Forums is a community of IT Experts, where you can go to seek advice, share your knowledge, brainstorm, shoot the breeze and enjoy the camaraderie of your IT peers. So, if you haven't already - Be sure to check out the forums today!
More Tech Help Questions from the TechRepublic Forums
- Best graphic card for gaming under $200 in 2018? by lorihugheswriter
- WIndows XP SP3/IE 8 will not reach MIcrosoft.com by MealTicketAlex
- Windows 10 won't shut down by jamesmehraa
- IT Jobs in 2020: A Leader's Guide (ZDNet)
- The 20 most important IT jobs for the future economy (TechRepublic)
- How developers can turn IoT from a hobby into a career (TechRepublic)
- IT leader's guide to edge computing (Tech Pro Research)
- Certifications? (TechRepublic Forums)
- Trying to break into the IT Field and work in networking (CNET Forums)
Last week's question
Tammy Cavadias is the Community and Member Services Manager for ZDNet, TechRepublic, and Tech Pro Research. She loves spending time with her 8 rescue dogs, and in her spare time she helps animal rescues. She has been with the company since 1996.