The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update makes it easy to communicate with those you talk to the most. Whether it's an email, Skype, or another supported app, it's dead simple to add up to three contacts right to your taskbar.
Take a look toward the bottom right of your taskbar and you'll see a small image of two generic silhouettes—that's the People window. Click on it and you'll see two tabs: People and Apps.
SEE: Windows 10 power tips: Secret shortcuts to your favorite settings (Tech Pro Research)
The People tab will show all the contacts associated with your Microsoft ID. Clicking on one of them will add them to the taskbar (you can add a maximum of three people). The Apps tab will show you all the apps you have installed that will work with One-click Communication.
Once a person is added to the taskbar, simply click on their picture and a window will pop up where you can choose how to communicate. Click on your choice to start a new email, make a Skype call, or start another form of communication.
- Windows 10: Streamline your work with these power tips (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
- Can my machine run the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update? (TechRepublic)
- Gallery: What's new in Microsoft's Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (TechRepublic)
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: How to use OneDrive Files On-Demand (TechRepublic)
- How to protect your Windows 10 PC from ransomware with the Fall Creators Update (TechRepublic)
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is here: Should you upgrade now? (ZDNet)
Brandon Vigliarolo has nothing to disclose. He does not hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Brandon writes about apps and software for TechRepublic. He's an award-winning feature writer who previously worked as an IT professional and served as an MP in the US Army.