Tab power users can rejoice knowing that the Vivaldi web browser offers a tool to make managing a large number of tabs incredibly easy.
Vivaldi has quickly become one of the most flexible web browsers on the market. With features other browsers have yet to consider, this browser appeals to nearly any user type be they luddite or IT pro.
The Window Panel feature, which has been around since 2017, is something you'd be hard-pressed to find on any other browser. It's aimed directly at tab power users. So, if you don't tend to lean heavily on tabs, this tool might be of little use to you.
SEE: Server deployment/migration checklist (Tech Pro Research)
What it does
With this panel, you can take complete control over your tabs. From the Window Panel, you have a number of actions at your disposal, which can be taken on your open or closed tabs, including:
- Open a new tab
- Clone a tab
- Hibernate a tab
- Pin or unpin tabs
- Copy a URL
- Save as a bookmark or session
This panel gives you so much more power over your tabs, than what you find on a conventional browser. If you keep a lot of tabs open, the Window Panel will make managing them exponentially easier.
How to work it
How do you work with this tool? It's really simple.
- Open Vivaldi and click on Window Panel icon (just above the + sign) in the left sidebar.
- Once the Window Panel is open, right-click any one of your tabs to take action.
- After you've acted on a tab, close the Window Panel by clicking on the icon or leave the panel open for later usage.
The one caveat to the Window Panel is that it works on a per-window basis. In other words, if you work with multiple windows, you have to manage the tabs on each window separately.
Other than that, the Vivaldi Window Panel makes managing tabs a power-users delight. If you find yourself constantly wishing you had more power over the massive amount of tabs you use, Vivaldi has the tool for you. Give the Window Panel a try and see if it doesn't perfectly fill your power hungry needs.
- How to use Vivaldi Search Engine Nicknames (TechRepublic)
- How to use Vivaldi Tab Stacks (TechRepublic)
- How to use tab management with the Vivaldi browser (TechRepublic)
- How to save Vivaldi Tab Sessions (TechRepublic)
- Vivaldi browsers adds synchronisation and speed in the upgrade to version 2.0 (ZDNet)
- What is SDN? How software-defined networking changed everything (ZDNet)
- The Best VPN services for 2019 (CNET)
- 5G: More must-read coverage (TechRepublic on Flipboard)