Recent college graduates are serious about paying back their student loans. So serious, the majority would forgo a holiday gift of an iPhone X or investment in Bitcoin for an equal payment towards their loan, according to a survey from student loan marketplace LendEDU.
LendEDU asked 1,000 people repaying student loans if they would prefer a popular holiday gift or a loan payment of equal value. And, despite the hype surrounding tech trends, they wanted loan payments more.
SEE: Quick glossary: Blockchain (Tech Pro Research)
Despite increased popularity, two-thirds of respondents passed over Bitcoin for a loan payment. New Apple products fared worse: 73.1% wanted a payment over Apple Pods, and 70.9% went for the payment over an iPhone X. Around 29% went for the Amazon Echo Plus instead of a $150 gift to their loans.
The only gift that beat out loan help? Cash.
Check out the full infographic on the gifts below.
Stay informed, click here to subscribe to the TechRepublic Tech News You Can Use newsletter.
- What is blockchain? Understanding the technology and the revolution (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
- 20 must-have back to school, college gadgets and gifts: 2017 (ZDNet)
- Cheat sheet: Blockchain (TechRepublic)
- Back to school: Warning over phishing scam targeting students (ZDNet)
- UK companies hoarding Bitcoin to prepare for ransomware attacks (TechRepublic)
Related Topics:Innovation Digital Transformation Artificial Intelligence Internet of Things Smart Cities Hardware
Olivia Krauth is an Education Reporter at Insider Louisville.