In episode nine of The TechRepublic Podcast, Bill Detwiler and I talk about the two big trends coming out of last week’s Intel Developer Forum 2015 in San Francisco. We also look at the second wave of Android Wear devices that are coming at the IFA 2015 trade show in Berlin. And, we talk about the hottest story in tech in August–the infamous Ashley Madison hack and its consequences.
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. If you like the podcast, one of the best things you can do is to leave a review on iTunes to let other people know about it.
You can also grab the RSS feed of the podcast and drop it in your favorite podcast app or player, or you can listen to the episode directly on SoundCloud (which also has mobile apps for iOS and Android), or you can simply use the player below:
There are lots of great tech podcasts out there, we’re doing one aimed at people who are trying to use technology to get work done, make their businesses and their professional lives more efficient, and improve society. That’s a lofty mission, but those are the goals we chase every day on TechRepublic.
Let us know what you think and you’re welcome to suggest topics you’d like to see us cover on future podcasts.
Links mentioned in the show
- Intel’s next frontier: Powering robots
- The anatomy of a DDoS extortion attempt
- Ashley Madison hack should serve as your IT security wake-up call
- You’re doing cloud wrong: 99% of companies aren’t optimized, says new study
- OpenStack’s newest sugar daddy looks to private cloud to save its bacon
- Here’s the one ‘major problem’ facing Munich after switching from Windows to Linux
- 802.11ah: Wi-Fi protocol for IoT solves two M2M problems
- Android Smart lock: Should you be using it?
- The ABC’s of Google’s future: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 8
- The invisible car doesn’t need windows: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 7
- The raccoons don’t sue: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 6
- Leapfrogging Moore’s Law: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 5
- A softie of a mission statement: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 4
- When the hype outruns the features: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 3
- Don’t pet the robot cheetah: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 2
- Skip the vacation, wear the headset: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 1