Just as a successful manager knows when to delegate tasks to employees, a thriving organization will understand when it no longer makes sense to handle its Web hosting in house. For many businesses, the decision to choose a Web host comes when the start-up begins to realize its success.
To help TechRepublic’s members sort out their Web hosting decisions, we’ve put together an audio Web cast entitled “10 questions for choosing a dedicated Web hosting service.” TechRepublic Vice President Bob Artner interviews HRSoft’s CTO Dick Tonnemacher, who handles the company’s relationship with a third-party Web hosting vendor.
The Web cast, with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation, addresses strategic and tactical issues including:
- The ability of a vendor to scale with your organization
- What to look for when touring a host’s data center
- Tailoring the Service Level Agreement to best meet your needs
- Redundant connectivity needs
- Physical and electronic security
To hear the interview and view the slide presentation, you can either use Real Player or Windows Media Player.