Apple held its annual fall product event on September 9 and there were a number of interesting threads from a business perspective, led by the announcement of the iPad Pro.
Erin Carson, Dan Patterson, Bill Detwiler, and I are back together this week on episode 11 of The TechRepublic Podcast to discuss the big business tech stories of the week and do a deep dive on all of the developments from Apple event.
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. You can also grab the RSS feed of the podcast and drop it in your favorite podcast app or player, or you can listen to the episode directly on SoundCloud (which also has mobile apps for iOS and Android), or you can simply use the player below:
There are lots of great tech podcasts out there. This one is aimed at people who are trying to use technology to get work done, make their businesses and their professional lives more efficient, and improve society. That's a lofty mission, but those are the goals we chase every day on TechRepublic.
If you have feedback about the podcast, ping us on Twitter:
Links to stories mentioned in the show
- As iPhone 6S launches, a new Apple TV and iPad Pro steal the show
- Apple's super-size iPad Pro starts at $799, available in November
- Washington Post declares war on ad blockers
- IBM Watson Health computes a pair of new solutions to improve healthcare data and security
- Apple's enterprise tablet challenge: Does the iPad Pro measure up?
- Amazon says it has ended sales of Fire Phone
Previous episodes of The TechRepublic Podcast
- The venn diagram of iPad redundancy: TechRepublic Podcast, episode 10
- Intel dances the robot: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 9
- The ABC's of Google's future: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 8
- The invisible car doesn't need windows: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 7
- The raccoons don't sue: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 6
- Leapfrogging Moore's Law: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 5
- A softie of a mission statement: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 4
- When the hype outruns the features: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 3
- Don't pet the robot cheetah: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 2
- Skip the vacation, wear the headset: The TechRepublic Podcast, episode 1
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.