This article is courtesy of TechRepublic Premium. For more content like this, as well as a full library of ebooks and whitepapers, sign up for Premium today. Read more about it here.
In this one-hour recap of the most important news and updates from Build and Ignite 2015, Mary Jo Foley examines what's next for Microsoft's key products and strategies.
Build and Ignite are two of Microsoft's most important conferences. Build 2015 focused on Windows 10 and Microsoft's Universal App Strategy. Ignite 2015 focused on the next versions of Office, Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Yammer and more.
In this recorded analyst call, veteran Microsoft watcher Mary Jo Foley and Bill Detwiler, Tech Pro Research Managing Editor discuss the most important news and updates from the events, including:
- What's new on the Windows 10 front for PCs, laptops, tablets and phones
- What's the latest on Microsoft's IoT strategy and deliverables
- What new tidbits did Microsoft share of potential interest to app developers of all stripes
- How is Microsoft's HoloLens augmented-reality technology taking shape
- What's going on with Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016
- How does "containerization" play into Microsoft's evolving Azure PaaS strategy
- What's next for Office Next across various platforms
- What questions are still unanswered after Build and Ignite