In this tutorial, I will show you with short easy steps how to configure a Windows platform to emulate MAC OS X Tiger using PearPC. All of the figures in this article can be downloaded by choosing the link at the end of the tutorial.
- Download and extract the PearPC package to your local hard drive such as d:\pearpc. For Beginners, download PearPC installer by Prasys.
- Obtain a fully Licensed copy of MAC OS X Tiger and convert media to an image (IMG) or ISO file format.
- Download 6 GB WinRAR Image and extract to local hard drive such as d:\pearpc.
- Download and Install OPENVPN to your computer. On the Choose Components window deselect all components but TAP-Win32 Virtual Ethernet Adapter (Figure A).
- Right-click on your LAN and your TAP-Win32 Adapter V8 connection and choose Bridge connections. Once the bridge is complete, reboot your computer.
- Right-click on your Network bridge and assign the appropriate IP address information for Internet access (Figure B).
- Attached is my configuration file (ppc.cfg). This is a working configuration file that you can use. I am using 512 mb of memory to get the best performance from my MAC OS X Tiger virtual machine (Figure C).
- Open a command prompt and browse to your PearPC folder. My syntax will be as follows: ppc.exe ppc.cfg (Figure D).
- Choose the partition that has the MAC OS X image file or in this example 1. partition 3 of ‘disk0’ (Mac_OS_X/Apple_HFS) (Figure E).
- The MAC OS X installation will find your preformatted disk and will prepare for the installation of MAC OS X Tiger (Figure F).
All Figures can be downloaded from Webshots at the following link: