The OnePlus 6T and Nokia's 7.1 are smartphones that are options for business professionals. They're similar in functionality and style, and they're priced within $200 of each other.
First up, the OnePlus 6T. It has a retail price starting at $549 and for that, you get lightning-fast speed and an excellent camera. It's a premium phone at a less than premium price and it manages to fly under the radar in the US market.
There's an in-screen fingerprint reader that works seamlessly, and additional biometrics allow you to use your face to unlock your phone. The notch at the top is unobtrusive, in a teardrop shape. Slightly disappointing is the elimination of the headphone jack in order to make room for the in-screen fingerprint reader.
Compare this to the Nokia 7.1, which is even less expensive, at $349. It's a great mid-range device that has good overall specs and performance. It has a 5.8-inch screen, dual 12-megapixel cameras, and Android One support. Just a sidenote - don't confuse the 7.1 with Nokia's earlier release this year, the 3.1. That one is under $150 and it's a great budget phone for kids and young teens but it's a completely different device from the 7.1.
The 7.1 has a notched screen, and, happily, has a headphone jack.
No matter which you choose, the Nokia or the OnePlus, either device offers plenty of useful options for business professionals.
- 5G smartphones: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- IT pro's guide to the evolution and impact of 5G technology (TechRepublic download)
- BYOD (bring your own device) policy template download (Tech Pro Research)
- The 10 best smartphones of 2018 (ZDNet)
- Best mobile VPN services for 2018 (CNET)
- The 10 most important iPhone apps of all time (Download.com)
- Smart phones and mobile tech: More must-read coverage (TechRepublic on Flipboard)
Teena Maddox is a Senior Writer at TechRepublic, covering hardware devices, IoT, smart cities and wearables. She ties together the style and substance of tech. Teena has spent 20-plus years writing business and features for publications including People, W and Women's Wear Daily.